Monday, December 20, 2010

Crane of hope!




The crane was a real experience for me. The center of the crane is gold smalti (bumpy) and smooth gold smalti. The black edge is smalti, as well as the blue crystal or clear Italian smalti. The rest of the works is fused glass and mirror. The beautiful tile bars I purchased for $.50 a piece (on sale of course). The grout is both sanded and non-sanded (boo!) grout. God I hate non-sanded grout! The entire piece is twenty-one by 29 inches. It is mounted on Hardibacker (so great for the oudoors). The mirror is very old (extremely) andhad ejected flowers. The piece is very flawed, which I like. The piece is for sale at $500. The work is gorgeous and one of the best pieces that I have done - have to see it to appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment